Chicagoland DUI Attorneys/ Illinois Drunk Driving Defense Lawyers
The criminal and civil penalties for driving under the influence are very significant in Illinois. Hiring an attorney immediately after being charged with DUI is the MOST important thing you can do. Time is not on your side. Mark Galler Law, LLC, knows that acting immediately after being charged with DUI is how you win cases.
If you have been charged with DUI, you will need a strong defense. We defend clients against all drunk driving charges, including:
- DUI and commercial driver’s license (CDLs)
- DUI and driver’s license suspension
- DUI with personal injury or fatality
- Felony DUI
- Underage DUI (under 21)
Not only could you be facing jail time if convicted of the criminal portion of a DUI, you can also lose your driver’s license in the civil side of a DUI case. Also known as the Petition to Rescind Statutory Summary Suspension, this is a tool that allows the Illinois Secretary of State to suspend your license. The Illinois Secretary of State places an automatic Statutory Summary Suspension on the vehicle registrations of people who either refused the BAC (blood alcohol concentration) test or failed it. A suspension means that your driving privileges are taken away for a period of time before they are returned. The suspension goes into effect the 46th day after an arrest.
Many people assume that they have no chance to fight their DUI charge because they failed a Breathalyzer Test or Field Sobriety Tests (FSTs). However, there are many ways that an experienced DUI defense lawyer can positively affect the outcome of your case.
Important issues that may impact your case:
- Did your arresting officer have sufficient cause to stop your vehicle?
- Did the officer properly administer your breath test and was he/she properly trained?
- Did the officer properly conduct your field sobriety tests and was he/she properly trained?
- Did the officer violate your constitutional rights?
- You deserve an attorney that will provide a strong defense for you. We will provide the experience, knowledge and aggressive defense you require.